Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Some songs for you

I just heard this song today.  I don't know how to post the YouTube video right on my blog.  If you do, let me know.  It's a new Jon Schmidt song/video.

And just for a quick down memory lane for me...
Our cute little Katelyn (who is turning 2 in two weeks!!) had a favorite song that would put her to sleep or calm her down every time.  This is the cute video with Jim Brickman and Wayne Brady... and a cameo shot of Cinderella and her prince.  (I'm not going to decorate Katelyn's room with princesses or anything, but for some reason I turn into a little girl when I see the princesses at Disneyland.  "... um, Dave, can we get a picture with Belle?...")

2 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

love the song! Ok, here's something to make Dave laugh. So, I believe it was he who wondered if I named Rose after "Sleeping Beauty" (which is my fav.), but no I didn't. But, why not go along with Disney princess names while we're having girls, right? Ok, so our daughter's name is going to be Kathryn Belle. Yes, Mom is trying not to be embarrassed, but it was actually a name Brian and I could both agree on. We'll call her Katy (pronounced Katie) Belle. I could've sworn I went to school with a Katie Bell, but I didn't realize it was when I "went to Hogwarts." (From the Quidditch team.) Yes, so now my Harry Potterness is showing through unintentionally. We'll still call her Katy Belle all the same :)

Jen Petty said...

I love John Schmidt! We have two kids who love princesses! Yep, Ethan takes after Elia and loves Cinderella stories and wearing the Ariel costume. I can't say I blame him... If boy dress-up stuff were half as interesting as the girl stuff, boys might like dressing up in more "gender appropriate" clothes. So, for now, he can say that pink is his favorite color.