Thursday, June 25, 2009

Big Sister, Little Brother

I'm learning very quickly that it's about as easy to take pictures of my two kids together as it is to keep water in a strainer.  I love the challenge.  :)  Granted, I took some of these pictures right before nap time, but Katelyn's hair was so cute and still combed that I decided to take the risk.  Ethan has turned into an adorable little smiler, but again, it was right before nap time so I'll have to wait for his cute little smile.   Here are a few of our out-takes.

Attempt #1 (In the morning)
I thought I was going to have the cutest picture.   She sat down on the blanket for me, let me lay Ethan in her lap, and then before the two seconds that it took me to grab the camera...


















And again... (about 5 times)












Attempt #2 (Same day in the afternoon)

She wouldn't sit by him because she must know that boys have cooties. :)  I asked her to stand behind him and this is what I got.  She wouldn't relinquish the blankie, even for a promised cookie.












What do you do with baby wipes?  Yep.  Put them on your baby brother's head.


















Attempt #3 (A new day and with the help of Dave)

Katelyn, come give Ethan a hug...












Show dad your teeth...  (cheese!!)













What funny kids.  Yes, I get a little frazzled as I try to take a perfectly good shot with both of them smiling and acting like they love each other, but I'll have to wait for that one be content with real life for now. :)  Those are the best anyway.













Ohhhh...


















Katelyn is the official binkie handler.


















Her favorite things... being outside, her blankie, her bow and a cracker... heaven.

5 comments:

Tami said...

I love the pictures and hey you will remember more about your kids because of these pictures than the perfectly posed ones. They are so fun.

Nicole said...

Too, too funny! I love the pics anyway. They are still adorable because you have such cute kids. I especially love the one of Katelyn smushing Ethan's face. Hilarious. He doesn't seem to mind though. :)

Sommer Family said...

I love the pictures! I still don't have a good picture of Calum and Tate together. That's why I like photoshop!

Heidi Henderson said...

Your kids are so so cute, I love them and your pictures! You got some great ones! You got skills girl!

Just Be us said...

Posed pics: B-O-R-I-N-G
Candids: THE BEST! And you got some doosies! LOVE IT!