Monday, March 14, 2011

Freezer meals = Sanity

I was inspired this morning to get myself in gear for next month when little Abby is born. So, I have a list of freezer meals that I'm going to be working on for the next few weeks.

I would love to hear if you have any suggestions. My friend, Amy, helped me come up with a good list, but I'm always looking for more ideas.

I made Chicken and Wild Rice Soup tonight with some breadsticks and it was sooooo good. I was able to fill three zip lock bags with the soup for my freezer. Sweet! Three meals done.

I think I'm going to try this one tomorrow. Looks good.... MMMmm.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Great idea, Tiffany! You are so on top of things! I wish I was there though so I could cook for you after you have the baby and you wouldn't have to worry about this. :) I have recently started freezing some meals too--more so because sometimes I let the groceries dwindle down to nothing and/or I get lazy. What you gonna do?! Right now I have dumplings and samosas in the freezer. At other times I have made and frozen refried beans, but that is way easier for you to just buy canned. I have also made a big batch of rolls and then freeze at least half to bake later. I would just do what you are doing: make a full recipe for dinner and freeze the rest for later. Also, go here (http://www.ourbestbites.com/category/cooking-style/) and scroll down to "freezer meals." And I believe this recipe should freeze well too: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/04/baked-creamy-chicken-taquitos/. It is really good. Happy cooking (and freezing)!! The countdown is on!