Wednesday, April 15, 2009

He's here! He's here!

We are so happy to announce the birth of our first baby boy! His older sister is thrilled to have him here and we absolutely love him to death. He was supposed to be born on Friday the 3rd, but we were bumped to the next day which actually put his birthday on Sunday. So, our little Ethan David Price was born at 5:11 am on Sunday, April 5th. He was a big boy weighing in at 8 lbs 14 oz. Wow. He's just adorable and after a bit of a tricky delivery that bruised half of his face, he's here and handsome as ever. The bruises are gone and we're just dealing with some jaundice that is on it's way out as well. He just looks like he has a great tan. Katelyn loves to kiss him on the forehead and point out that he has fingers, toes, eyes and ears just like she does. Here are some pictures of our baby boy. (Oh, and did I mention that he loves to cuddle? I love it. :) )































This is how Ethan spent his first 6 days of life. He enjoyed his spa treatment at our house, but we were very happy when he didn't have to be on light bed any longer. (The second picture is a little view of the bruises he got during the delivery. Our poor baby had a rough start, but as you can see from the first pictures, has recovered very well.)

12 comments:

Heidi Henderson said...

Cute boy! So glad he made it here safe and he for sure looks like he belongs!!!

Nicole said...

Congratulations (again), Tiffany and Dave! You have a very cute boy there.

Oh, my goodness, those last two just make me so sad. I'm so glad he is doing so well now. He really is sooooo adorable! And it does look like he has a good tan. :) I love your positive attitude through all the difficulties you had. You are such a wonderful example. Thank you for that. I'm glad he is giving you lots of cuddles! Good luck in the coming weeks! Love you guys!

Amy said...

Yeah!! Congratulations, he's beautiful! He healed up so well from all that bruising. He is so precious. Enjoy all the cuddling. I don't think you can ever get tired of it :) Good luck being a mom of two. I'm sure you'll be amazing. We can't wait to meet him in person someday.

Sommer Family said...

He is beautiful! Congratulations!

Liz Wilcken said...

Congrats! I'm not looking forward to jaundice again either with this pregnancy. He's a cutie!

Just Be us said...

Awe ...

K, first of all, sorry about pushing your date back. I bet you were thinking, "Are you even kidding me?!" And then the rough delivery. Those bruises made me want to cry. And the jaundice ... Wow, he really started this world with a BANG! We're so glad he's ok.

NOW, what a BEAUTIFUL baby boy!!! Another totally cute baby! And he's a CUDDLER?!? Can I come over?! Love the family picture with Ethan in it! You look great, Tiff! CONGRATS!!!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

He is so adorable!!!! I am so glad those bruises healed up so well, poor little guy! How are you recovering, Tiffany? You guys look really good in your family photo!

Katie Page said...

Congratulations!! He's so cute. I saw some pictures on Alicia's blog of when he first got here. Poor thing. You look great. What a cute little family!!

Jen Petty said...

He looks great! I was looking at Elia's legs at church... she seriously has about 10 bruises! I'm glad kids heal so well! Congrats again!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Dave and Tiffany - CONGRATS!!! Ethan is so darling, and perfect and handsome! And Katelyn looks cute as ever, she will be such a cute big sister. And Tiffany you look fantastic for just popping out a baby! We are so happy for you guys. Oh man his poor bruises, I bet that broke your heart when you saw them. I am happy they healed so perfectly, I bet that wasn't very comfortable for the little guy.

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Congrats! What a cute family picture!

Joy said...

Congratulations, Tiffany and Dave, and of course Katelyn. I didn't even know you were expecting again!! What a lovely surprise to log in and see that you have a new beautiful little boy. He is so cute!