Monday, August 18, 2008

More fun in Nauvoo

Here's a few more pics of us playing at Pioneer Pastimes in Nauvoo. Katelyn and her cousin Sarah had a great time in the wheelbarrow.
Dave and I tested our strength in the stick pull while my nieces Annie and Sarah were the judges. Yes, he's tougher than me, but he was nice and didn't make me fly over his head too far.















You should have seen Katelyn flip me over her stroller! Who knew she was so tough!












You can't go to Nauvoo without stopping at the Women's Statue Garden behind the Visitors' Center. It was beautiful. Katelyn is almost walking by herself... or I should say running. She loves to walk as fast as she can while she holds our hands.












Dave had a funny idea to sit Katelyn on one of the lights in the garden, which she thought was pretty neat as you can see. She loves to laugh, especially when everyone else is laughing. Oh yeah, and did I mention she still growls? Just this past Sunday, she was growling during church and the sister in front of us turned around and smiling asked if it was Katelyn that was growling. Yes, our little lady sounds like a tiger.

5 comments:

Heidi Henderson said...

LOVE the pictures! So fun! And what character you guys have! I love it! They made me laugh! You guys must of had a blast! Thanks for sharing!

Nicole said...

I love your face in the stick pull with Dave. I'm sure you beat him; you're just too good of a wife to let everyone know. :) The pic of Katelyn on the light is adorable--I love what a happy girl she is! And walking, what??!! No. She is too young for that! She is growing up too fast!

Webster Family said...

You're making me want to go to Nauvoo! It sounds like you had a blast! Glad to know you are all doing well! I can't believe how big Katelyn is!

Amy said...

Ok, that picture of her on the light is so cute!! You seriously have such a beautiful little girl!

Jen Petty said...

She's always been a little tiger! I want to see the post picture of Katelyn flipping you over her stroller! Looks like you guys had a blast... though you guys would have a blast in a hurricane!