Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Katelyn's First Ever Birthday!

Our sweet baby girl in one! She gets cuter ever day and makes us laugh all the time.

Here's a few fun facts about her:
1. She loves watermelon, mac and cheese, and cheese sticks.
2. She loves to laugh as loud as she can, especially when everyone else is laughing. She usually gets so excited that she tenses her whole body and goes up on her tippy toes.
3. She loves mint chocolate custard (thanks to our trip to Nauvoo). It's my favorite so she was doomed to love ice cream like me.
4. She loves her grandmas and grandpas, aunts, uncles and cousins and waves both arms frantically when she sees them.
5. She loves to read her book about Daniel and lion's den and growl at the lions.
6. Yes, she still growls!
7. She loves to growl while she cuddles into her soft pink blanket.
8. She loves to be outside crawling or walking on the grass, being pushed in the swing, or jumping on the tramp.
9. She's an excellent stair climber and we found her the other day yelling at the top of the stairs. Sneaky girl.
10. She loves playing with kids, watching kids, talking back and forth to kids in nice quiet meetings like Relief Society and playing peek-a-boo with anyone.

These are just a few highlights of what makes us smile every day about our little Katelyn. She's our joy and we just can't be around her and not laugh at the funny things she does. We feel so blessed to have our little angel with us. Here's a little video of some highlights of the past year accompanied by her favorite song.

8 comments:

HiccupMeL said...

Ok, two items of business. Your new blog design is ADORABLE. Love love love it. And, I love your beautiful little daughter! That video/song made me misty! How neat -- and I can't believe she's one! I need to see her! Let's get together sometime soon.

Liz Wilcken said...

Ditto to what hiccupmel said :)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Katelyn!! That video was so cute Tiffany! Can you believe our kids are a year old? It flew by! Katelyn is such a beautiful little girl! Enjoy the rest of her birthday.

Gabbitas Family said...

WOW, She's already 1! That flew by! Happy Birthday to her!

Heidi Henderson said...

What a beautiful girl and family! You've done such a great Job Tiffany as her mom! She is so lucky to have such great parents! And a talented mom who put that slideshow together. So fun! Hip Hip Horray for the Price family and Happy birthday Katelyn!

Nicole said...

Oh, my gosh. That almost made me cry. I cannot believe Katelyn is one already!!! How did that happen?! She is soooo adorable and such a happy girl. I miss seeing her smiling face. Happy Birthday Katelyn!! Make sure you do a post on the party... I'll be anxious to see!

Becca said...

I LOVED the slideshow! Every time I see Katelyn it amazes me how gorgeous she is and how much she loves life! Her laugh is my favorite! :)

-Becca

Just Be us said...

That was a DARLING slide show! Thanks for sharing it, as I'm a huge fan of your little K! Though her beauty blows me away, it's her mommy and daddy's love and adoration for her that is so precious to see. She's so well cared for. I'm very much touched by the joy your family shares.

BTW, Tiff or Dave, whichever of you takes most of the photos ... you are a great photographer!