Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Another catch up

Second post of the day. While we were in Utah, we visited Dave's 98-year old grandpa, who is still as quick as a whip. He can remember more about the concert he conducted 40 years ago than I can remember about what I did last week. Wow! It was a wonderful visit.
We also visited Dave's 90+ year old grandma, Grams, who was delighted to hold little Katelyn and let her squirm and wiggle on her lap. She is a perfect example of a lady, always dressed to perfection, complete with a big hug and smile for all of us.
On our last day in Utah, we decided that we had to get a picture with the beautiful, snowy mountains. They're a little hazy because it was snowing, but just imagine them bigger than what you see. :) We love them! Especially Katelyn... look at that smile!
My wonderful friend from high school, Maryl, was in town last week from Japan and we were lucky enough to hook up with her and her family. She's adorable, and you can't tell, but she's about 7 months pregnant. So cute.I tended Katelyn's cute little friend Mateus the other day and just loved watching them interact and play together. They're pretending to pass the ball back and forth between them. Only 8 months and they're already playing team sports. Aren't they amazing?
We went to the Thunderkids activity last week at the YMCA and they had the coolest blow up toys that even the big kids (us) could play on. Katelyn pretended she didn't like them, but I think she was just teasing us so that we'd take her there again.
Just playing at home. I love her eyes in this picture.
A few weeks ago I was getting ready for the day and I heard Katelyn giggling. Strange. She never giggles by herself. Evidently, she wasn't by herself. She found another baby who was just as happy as she was! I loved it.

9 comments:

Tami Price said...

We love all the pictures! Katelyn is so so cute and we can't wait to have you move back to Utah! lots of love, Tami

Amy said...

I was excited to see the update on your blog. Your little Katelyn is SOOO adorable! How fun that you got to visit with Maryl. You have such a beautiful little family Tiffany. Good luck with your move back to Utah for a year. Maybe we can meet up when I come to visit.

Love ya!

Liz Wilcken said...

you guys were in town?!!! Agh... I missed you again! Katelyn is growing more and more beautiful with each post.
~Liz

Dave and Becky said...

Look at Katelyn grow! She is darling. I love the pictures with her big smile for the mountains. Who doesn't feel that way? :) We wish you guys all the best!
~The Sattlers

Nicole said...

What great pictures and fun activities! Katelyn is still just the cutest thing ever!! It was so much fun to see her playing and crawling around last weekend. I do think you need to post the video of Dave, the Starwars Kid, from your Thunderbird activity though. :)

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Katelyn is getting so big! I love your family picture with the mountains in the background.

BrendaBBL said...

Thanks for the update! You have such a cute little family. I am so excited you got to see Maryl. SO FUN!!!

Paola said...

It just really really hit me that our days together are now numbered. Oh, so tragic and sad. Maybe we can go swimming today. I'll call you.

Amber said...

Hey Dave & Tiffany, I got your blog address from Sterling and Stephanie. Katelyn is so darn cute and congrats on graduating!