Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th!

We had a great time with family on the Fourth of July.  Here are some highlights.

Getting ready for the children's parade on the 3rd.  This was Katelyn's first one and she (we) were pretty excited.  She had a great time... regardless of the fact that she looks totally bored in this picture.


















I got creative earlier that morning and made her some hair "bows" for her pigtails.  In Dave's sister's words... she looked like a firecracker! :)


















Ethan got to ride in the back of the stroller with his cousin Daniel.  Ethan did great until the very last block of the parade where we walked into the sun.  Poor kid!  We forgot his sunglasses! :)












Here we are waiting for the parade to start.  There were tons of bikes, trikes, strollers, kiddie cars, flags, streamers, balloons and crate paper.  My sister Shannon is ready to go with her five little kiddies.













After this parade, there was a concert in the park and then some great fireworks.  Katelyn loved the concert and was dancing and singing to the Beach Boys, Monkeys and Beatles.  I think my sister has some pictures.  I'll try to post one.  She was just so cute dancing around.

The next morning (the 4th) Dave and I ran the Centerville Freedom Run with my three brothers, Scott, his wife Melanie, Shawn and Trevor, as well as Dave's sister Alicia and brother Jared.  So fun!  It was the first time I had run 3 miles in a year and I tell you what... I was tired and sore.  Funny that I used to run a lot farther without any aches or pains.  I'm getting old! (Or I just had a baby 3 months ago.) :)  Oh well, we had a great time and I wasn't the last person in the race!!

And last but not least, after the parade and the trip to the festival at the park, we had a BBQ at my parent's home.  What was the highlight of the day?  The cows, of course!  Our back-door neighbors have two cows and Katelyn just can't get enough of the "moos".  You can see them in the background, with Katelyn as happy as can be, saying "chzzzz!"


3 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks like a fun 4th! I love the family pic at the top--it is so cute and I don't think Katelyn looks bored. She looks comfortable, just relaxin'. Her hair bows are adorable and she looks soooo cute in that bottom picture. She really is such a beautiful girl. And, Tiffany, three miles?? That is seriously amazing--sore or not sore. I don't think I've EVER done that. I'm just too lazy, I think. Maybe if I had you around to motivate me.

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Love her hair! It looks way cute!

Just Be us said...

K, love the firecracker pigtails! What a creative mommy Katelyn has! And I want to see a photo of Ethan in his sunglasses! Way to go on your run, Tiff! It's NORMAL to feel sore when you haven't run a 5-K in a year, let alone just had a baby 3 MONTHS AGO!!! Your amazing. Proud of ya!