Monday, January 21, 2008

Snow and Sew

What a beautiful day! It snowed all morning and afternoon and I thoroughly enjoyed watching it pile up. It makes me want to get out on the slopes! I wonder if they have ski's for 5 month old babies. :) This was my view today from my parent's home.



















Since I've been in Utah, I've been busy trying to revive my sewing skills. It's been a while, but I had a good time making skirts for my nieces, my sister, Katelyn and myself. There definitely was a learning curve to the whole project and some improvising, but I'm excited to say that they're done! I bought the fabric in Samoa, with the help of my stylish sisters-in-law. Thanks Alicia and Jenny! Who knows... maybe I'll start sewing all our clothes. Dave, what color tie do you want? :) Now I just need to learn how to knit...

We took these photos at Sarah's birthday party. She's 2! We have the two extremes in size in our family, Sarah is very petite and Katelyn is very tall. You can see how she's already up to Sarah's shoulder! I think they'll be great friends.
I'm so excited for Dave to come home this week! He sent some pictures last week to give us a taste of what he's been up to. Here he is climbing up the very steep stairs of the Great Wall of China. I wonder if Rocky could have run up the whole thing during his training. (I know... haha)


7 comments:

Nicole said...

I am soooo impressed with your sewing skills! Katelyn's jumper is the cutest!! You are going to have to give me a refresher course sometime.

Jen Petty said...

I loved the sunset pictures in the snow! Way to go.

HiccupMeL said...

I love your blog!! I can't believe how cute Katelyn is. Wait. Yes I can. She gets it from her mom! Her smile is so precious and I just about died when i saw those pictures of her sitting in that leather chair with the cute red headband on? Holy cow, she is a real looker!!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Looks like you guys had a great couple of trips over the holidays! I had no idea you are such the sewing woman, nice!!!

Paola said...

HEY! It's the cute skirts you were telling me about! I miss running with you! I'll have to go for sure tomorrow (Thursday). Jason can be with Mateus in the morning. The kid has an awful cold! I don't want him out quite yet! K, so visit mine: http://familiajpbrown.blogspot.com

Eric said...

Hi Tiffany. I love your photos and your blog, it's fun to see what you guys are up to. Speaking of skiing, I took Harrison yesterday for his first time. Check it out!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness old roommate! I am loving your cute family. Carey